Toujours Pur (dot) Net
Edit Character · The Cast · The Biographies · The Prologue · The Guide · New Posts · OOC · Calendar

Old 01-08-2019, 09:44 PM   #11
my name is might-have-been
Played By
Olivia Greene
Portrayed By
Christopher Mintz-Plasse

June 9, 1980
Muggleborn
Hufflepuff, Alumnus
Crushing On Ellie Zini

bio | notes | ooc

Justin watched Cho look down at Parvati, and it creeped him out so much that he quickly moved on to item in the gallery. The founder of his former house’s cup, mangled but still recognizable by the handles, was sat in a plush golden pillow inside a glass case. The last known relic of Helga Hufflepuff, and it looked like a lorry had run over it a few times before it caught fire. Justin lingered by the case.

“Maybe they knew I only had three N.E.W.T.s so you can really see the disappointment and shame in mine,” he said. He was lucky his parents his parents never understood anything about the odd grading system at Hogwarts, though they knew that what Justin ended up with was not the best he could have done. “Or maybe they painted a lion in your lap, that would be ace!”

Quote |
Old 01-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #12
chuckin' my deuces up
Played By
vanouria
Portrayed By
Alyssah Ali

April 17th, 1980
Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 9
Secretly Dating Blaise Zabini

bio | notes | ooc

Parvati wandered away from Cho, and met eyes with Colin Creevey, the sight making her breath catch in her throat. Whoever had painted him had certainly gotten the full story on him; he was pleasantly smiling with his camera strap around his neck, looking how Parvati remembered him. When he saw her, his smile grew wider, and he brought the camera up to his face to snap a picture. She couldn't help but laugh even if it made her a bit emotional, and she moved on quickly as she didn't want to get upset in front of Justin and force him to use their break time comforting her.

"I mean being a Muggleborn over the past few years was harder than any NEWT ever, and you survived that," she pointed out as she walked, staring up at the portraits. "So I don't think you or painting-you have anything to be ashamed of." She turned around, grinning. "But I will agree that a lion in my lap would be ace."

Quote |
Old 01-13-2019, 11:59 PM   #13
Played By
Olivia Greene
Portrayed By
Christopher Mintz-Plasse

June 9, 1980
Muggleborn
Hufflepuff, Alumnus
Crushing On Ellie Zini

bio | notes | ooc

One upon a time, when he was a first year, Justin dreamed of passing all of his classes as an older student. The way he pictured himself wasn’t exactly who he grew into; he didn’t have a super secret job at the Ministry, nor was he spectacular with spells. Standing in the gallery, among his former classmates, made him glad he was with a friend that didn’t really know what to do after school had ended, either.

“It would be nice to be a muggleborn with a high visibility career,” Justin said carefully. “Like, to stick it to the supporters of Voldemort. One survived.” He normally didn’t sound so serious, but it had been something he had been thinking about recently when work was slow.

He finally found himself, literally — his portrait was near Helga Hufflepuff’s mangled cup, and from where he stood he could he see a thin slash of pink. “I found mine,” he called out to Parvati. “Someone told the artist my Patronus is a flamingo.” He leaned closer to his portrait. “And a badger is in it as well. Typical.”

Quote |
Old 01-20-2019, 10:06 PM   #14
chuckin' my deuces up
Played By
vanouria
Portrayed By
Alyssah Ali

April 17th, 1980
Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 9

bio | notes | ooc

Parvati tutted sympathetically at Justin's words, though they of course resonated with her. The war had left her at a loss for what she wanted to do with her life - any ambitions she'd held before at times felt like they belonged to a different version of her. Sometimes she wondered whether the only options that made most sense for her now were careers having to do with rebuilding the Wizarding world and that anything else would be childish or somehow disrespectful to her experience - or whether it was the very act of doing something completely different that was really an appropriate defiance against the Death Eaters, like Justin had said -- a way of winning and proving that she wasn't irrevocably changed by them and they hadn't had as much power as they thought they did.

Walking over to him when he called out, she grinned up at the painting and slid her arm through his once she'd sidled up next to him. "I love it," she said immediately, chuckling at the details but meaning what she'd said. "I've always said pink was your color - I swear I'm not the one who told the artist that, though." She nudged him a bit with her elbow.

"I worry that feeling out of place will last forever," she confessed a moment later, more in response to what he'd said earlier, and she looked away from Justin's portrait to glance at the real Justin next to her. "But it can't, right? How boring would that be?"

Wands Up: fizzing whizbee |
Quote |
Old 01-28-2019, 07:38 PM   #15
Played By
Olivia Greene
Portrayed By
Christopher Mintz-Plasse

June 9, 1980
Muggleborn
Hufflepuff, Alumnus
Crushing On Ellie Zini

bio | notes | ooc

Justin shrugged. “Maybe everyone else is well-adjusted now. Or just pretending.” He quickly thought of Hermione, who had gone on to the Ministry. He wondered how much free time she had. At least with this job at the museum, Justin was able to mess around whenever he wanted to because their schedule was flexible. He drank at pubs some nights, and watched cricket on the telly at his parents’ house on others.

The Justin in the portrait grinned at the real one below as Parvati slid her arm though the crook of his. At least, it looked like a grin. More of a flash of white. “What if I gain weight, and get really fat?” he asked Parvati, though he did not expect an answer. “Would the me in the portrait get fat?” He had been in the magical world for roughly nine years and some things were still a mystery to him. Justin blew a raspberry, and then turned to Parvati. “Okay, let’s move on. I think the fake Patronus is staring at me.”

Wands Up: Parvati Patil |
Quote |
Old 01-29-2019, 05:08 PM   #16
chuckin' my deuces up
Played By
vanouria
Portrayed By
Alyssah Ali

April 17th, 1980
Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 9

bio | notes | ooc

Parvati nodded thoughtfully at Justin’s response. She hadn’t really considered that people could just be pretending. If that were the case, she found it pretty silly - if everyone would just be upfront about how they were struggling, then they wouldn’t all be feeling pressure to have everything together already. “Wow, asking the hard hitting questions,” Parvati said with a laugh at Justin’s musing. “Maybe you should be a philosopher. I feel like it’s been a while since we’ve had a notable one, you know?”

It was a bit easier to wander through the gallery now that the initial shock had worn off. It didn’t feel any less like a punch in the gut when they passed by the portrait of a deceased classmate, of course, but then that feeling existed outside the gallery too. “Oh my gosh, it’s Lavender!” Parvati said excitedly, pulling Justin as she sped up to get closer to the painting. Lavender looked impressive, a night time scene behind her with a full moon. She had visible scars that she didn’t have in real life and her hand was placed at her side where her dress was stained with blood. The overall effect was quite macabre (despite Lavender smirking as soon as she saw Parvati) and an obvious homage to her surviving an attack by Greyback - but instead of looking like a victim, she looked powerful. “Oh man, I wonder what she’ll think of this,” Parvati said with a wide grin. “She looks badass.”

Quote |
Old 02-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #17
Played By
Olivia Greene
Portrayed By
Christopher Mintz-Plasse

June 9, 1980
Muggleborn
Hufflepuff, Alumnus
Crushing On Ellie Zini

bio | notes | ooc

From under his brow, Justin looked shyly up at the Lavender in the portrait. She looked otherworldly, the glow from the moon behind her lit up her to give her a faint halo. If she had been a stranger, Justin would have most definitely avoided her gaze out of -- What? his mind flashed -- reverence, deference. Like his own portrait, it was recognizable, if not exaggerated. He nodded in agreement with Parvati. "She looks like she could kick my ass," he admitted to his lady friend. Not-real-Lavender clapped her hands together in approval. "Actually in real life, as well," he added while he thought of it.

Quote |
Old 02-24-2019, 04:08 PM   #18
chuckin' my deuces up
Played By
vanouria
Portrayed By
Alyssah Ali

April 17th, 1980
Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 9

bio | notes | ooc

"Just don't interrupt her in the middle of her favorite wireless drama and you'll be fine," Parvati said with a laugh, giving Justin's arm a comforting pat. "I've seen others learn that the hard way and it's never pretty." Lavender nodded smugly before blowing them both a kiss and returning to her power stance. Parvati took another glance at the portrait, filled to the brim with excitement and anticipation for the real Lavender to see it, before shifting onwards. This gallery really was something, she had to admit. She wondered if museum goers who didn't have as much of a personal connection as she did would be as moved by the portraits. Parvati ruminated on this for a bit before spotting a face she'd recognize anywhere - hers.

"Oh, shit," she whispered as she and Justin wandered closer. Wrapped in glittering Gryffindor red and gold, the portrait had a Divination theme, and she was surrounded by pale pink wafting smoke as she sat behind a crystal ball. Her portrait self looked mystically down at her, and the real Parvati couldn't help but smirk a bit back up at her. "Who does she think she is, eh?" she said, turning to Justin and jerking a thumb affectionately up at herself, her words a stamp of approval.

Quote |
Old 02-28-2019, 05:21 PM   #19
Played By
Olivia Greene
Portrayed By
Christopher Mintz-Plasse

June 9, 1980
Muggleborn
Hufflepuff, Alumnus
Crushing On Ellie Zini

bio | notes | ooc

The Parvati within the frame certainly looked like she knew something Justin didn't. It was a look he'd seen often enough before. Why did girls always know more than him? While at Hogwarts he had avoided Divination as much as he could, paranoid that every encounter with older students or Professor Trelawney would produce a detail he did not want to hear, like how he was doomed to die a virgin, or to succumb to male patterned baldness.

He stepped closer to the wall and rested his chin on his closed fist as he searched the portrait for the source of the pink smoke. "What are you doing in there?" he demanded of the real Parvati. He turned around to give her an exaggerated suspicious expression. "Did you off Trelawney?"

Wands Up: Parvati Patil |
Quote |
Old 03-06-2019, 10:40 PM   #20
chuckin' my deuces up
Played By
vanouria
Portrayed By
Alyssah Ali

April 17th, 1980
Pureblood
Gryffindor, Year 9

bio | notes | ooc

Parvati donned an expression as mysterious as her portrait, shaking her head slightly in response to Justin's questioning. "That is only for the divine to know," she said, trying her best to sound ethereal and donning a grave look on her face. She couldn't hold it for very long, however, especially when Justin asked his next question. Bursting out laughing (the sound reverberating around the halls and causing the nearby portraits to turn sharply towards their visitors), she smacked him on the arm lightly with the back of her hand. "I could never!" she exclaimed, placing a hand over her heart at the mere thought of her favorite professor as the portrait version of her did the same. She squinted at the background of the painting. "Besides, I hope I'm not back at school in this. It's bad enough we had to do an extra year let alone me having to be stuck there for eternity in a painting."

Quote |