Toujours Pur (dot) Net
Edit Character The Cast The Biographies The Prologue The Guide New Posts OOC Calendar

Old 10-05-2016, 09:39 PM   #11
the only things that ever mattered were when I was brave
Played By
kingsirius
Portrayed By
Daniel Sharman

November 18
Half-Blood
Gryffindor, Year 7
Not Available

bio | ooc

Callum wasn't surprised when Gemma turned the conversation over to focus on him. They had been talking about her for a bit and he knew his turn would come eventually. Truth be told, Callum was looking forward to leaving the school. He was always in the shadow of his father, which of course, he respected and loved his dad, but everyone was always comparing them and saying how much he was or wasn't like him in certain ways. He wanted a chance to just be himself, without worrying that someone could turn around and tell his dad how he acted, which seemed to be the case now. Whether it was by his professors or other students, Cal always felt as though every move he made was being closely scrutinized.

Callum ran a hand through his hair, which was beginning to grow out a bit and tousled it nervously. "I applied for healer training," he told her, a sheepish grin appearing on his face. "If I get accepted then I hope to become a healer and, you know, help people." Ever since the Grey's Disease epidemic Callum knew he wanted to join the healer career, and nothing was going to change his mind now, except if he didn't get into the program. There wasn't a plan B, so Callum prayed to Merlin everything would work out properly.

At the mention of his father, Callum nodded. "It's funny really, when I'm out in the muggle world I notice such a difference in the way people treat me. I like being normal, where nobody knows who I am or especially who my father is. Here it's like I spill soup on my lap during lunch and the entire castle knows an hour later," he sighed. There were perks of having a famous parent, but the side effects that came with the perks were very hard to deal with. There had been many nights Callum tossed and turned, thinking about something he had said or done and how it would reflect on his family. "I'm sure I could have it much worse though," he added, "so I keep my mouth shut and deal with it for the most part." The Gryffindor didn't want to relay all his problems onto Gemma, but talking about his father was like opening a can of worms and Cal felt like the words just kept tumbling out of him. "Sorry," he mumbled, "I know you didn't ask to hear me go on about how awful of a life I have, it's truly not so bad." Callum squeezed his quill and looked back down at the parchment in his lap, scribbling out some notes on the uses of mandrake root in an effort to focus his attention on something else.

Quote |
Old 10-21-2016, 11:20 AM   #12
realize you're a slave to your mind
Played By
Lily Potter
Portrayed By
Mary Kate Wiles

February 11
Half-Blood
Slytherin, Year 7
Available

bio | notes | ooc

Gemma hoped she hadn’t said the wrong thing, but she was honestly relieved for a chance to focus on someone else. She knew that she was being unrealistic when she kept thinking she’d fail. If she worked hard, then there was no reason to believe she wouldn’t succeed like she had at anything else. Gem liked the structure that school gave her. It was comforting. Her relationship with her father had been strained at best since she started Hogwarts, so this place was a safety net for her. She wasn’t quite ready to face life outside. But Gemma knew that she’d been working hard for this opportunity for seven years. What good were her NEWTs if she didn’t go out into the world and make a change? More so than ever, she refused to hold back. She spent so much time afraid of, well, everything. Afraid of her feelings and getting hurt and opening up to others. Then she reached a point where she might not make it. Laying in St. Mungo’s, the idea of dying became very real and terrifying. Gem didn’t want to be at a point like that again wishing she’d done things differently.

“I think you’ll make an amazing Healer,” Gem gushed and smiled. She felt like was somewhat of an authority on the subject after spending so much time with them during her stint at the hospital. “Mungo’s could use someone like you.” She didn’t think there was a chance he’d fail. It was easier to have blind faith than someone else than in yourself. Gemma sighed and a frown crossed her lips when Callum described the scrutiny he was under because of his father. She knew that of course he had to be proud, but she couldn’t imagine people following her every move like that. “No, it’s okay,” she quickly assured him. “That’s rough, cause you’re not just focusing on doing your best… you have to be worried about what everyone else will think. And that’s not fair. What does your dad think, you know, about you becoming a Healer?”

Quote |
Old 12-27-2016, 06:13 PM   #13
the only things that ever mattered were when I was brave
Played By
kingsirius
Portrayed By
Daniel Sharman

November 18
Half-Blood
Gryffindor, Year 7
Not Available

bio | ooc

(ooc: two months late sorry!)

Callum wished he could be as confident about his future as a healer as Gemma seemed to be, but he appreciated the sentiment nonetheless. In his wildest dreams he was Top Healer at St. Mungo's and discovered the cure to some disease, but even then, just being able to help heal one person would be enough glory for the Gryffindor. He didn't want to become a healer to get famous; his last name was enough.

At her question about his dad, Cal set down his quill again. He thought for a moment, trying to remember exactly what his father's reaction had been when he had told him about his future career goals. "He's proud," Callum said slowly, remembering how his father had smiled at him and said that as long as Callum was happy, he would be happy. "Truth be told, I think he's a bit nervous though, but he doesn't want to let on because he'll think it will make me more nervous about the whole thing, y'know? Being a healer takes a lot of work and I don't think he wants me to get... overwhelmed." At the last word, Callum sighed. It seemed like even though the end of term was moving slowly, he still needed to accomplish quite a bit. However, he was happy to be able to talk with Gemma and at least have a few moments where he could just be himself and unwind a little.

"I do have a question that's slightly off-topic," he paused, adjusting his position on the windowsill. "If I don't get accepted into the Healer program, do you think I could be your personal assistant when you become famous?" Callum joked, although he was being serious about the famous part. He had no doubt Gem would go on to do wonderful things with her life post-Hogwarts.

Quote |